SEO is changing to frequently and many animals (panda, penguin) are hitting blogs/websites too badly. SEO today and SEO 5 years back have huge algorithm difference.
So to survive in this fast changing SEO world, you will have to learn few basics of it so that you can atleast save your blog from such algorithms.
In continuation with the Interview series at Blogging Cage, we are today interviewing Satish Kumar from SEO Siren.
He is the man we all know as the one who got a PR4 on a 4 month old blog!!
1. Hi Satish! We are so glad to have you aboard BloggingCage! Please tell us a little about yourself.
Hello, I’m Satish, and I’m popularly known as Satish CoolPCTips. I completed my Masters in Computer Applications last year, and have been working online for the last 3 years. Many people know me as an SEO consultant, and I’m currently working for some local clients to rank their websites in Google.
2. What are the top three facts, which people should know about your online personality?
The top 3 facts about me:
- Ask me anything related to SEO whenever you want.
- I completely hate coding, and didn’t learn how to write simple code logic.
- I love teaching people on SEO, WP and Marketing.
3. How much of being a really successful blogger is great writing and how much is technical stuff like SEO and social networking?
A good SEO guy should be able to write good content. That is the only way he/she can express their feelings towards anything which they are interested in. If your content is good and SEO is bad, your website will not rank up in Google. Similarly if your content is bad and SEO is good, people don’t like your content, which gradually forces Google to penalize your website for bad quality. So concentrate more on content and try to make a mark on your social networking profiles like Facebook and Twitter. SEO can play a major role, only when it has something worth to compete with other websites.
If anyone says you are ruining your life is social networking, tell them your job profile relates to social networking, and will continue doing it. To be frank, 60% of my clients are from social networking itself.
4. What was it about making money online which attracted you to this occupation?
Earlier when I started blogging about gadgets and computer tips, there was literally no much competition in blogging and SEO. But now I feel that every 1/3 person in blogging has a blog on either WordPress blogging or on technology.
Initially many people started it as a hobby, and then changed it to be their profession. Just like them, even I started my blogging career as a hobby, and ended up in taking this job as a full-time business. The most important thing which made me to attract to this occupation is its low competition in blogging and SEO in 2010. But now that’s not the case.
5. You regularly make several thousand dollars per month. What is the top obstacle which lies between a blogger and making this sort of return through their online activities?
Making money online has been a passion to many people, rather than business. People are greedy, and they change their passion and interest for money whenever possible. The major obstacle which I see as a blogger is the changing trends in technology and search engines. One should understand how things work in current situation, and plan accordingly.
6. How do you manage your time to maximize efficiency?
If you are deciding to big, just go big. Working on blogging whenever you have time will not allow you to succeed completely. If you give your full-time to blogging, it will generate millions of dollars in just 2 to 3 years. I usually work from Monday to Friday and spend my time with friends and family in weekends. You should know how to manage your time when the responsibilities grew with time.
7. What unique information and ideas does your blog offer to new bloggers?
If you are trying to start as an SEO expert, or as a newbie SEO blogger, then I would suggest you to read SEOSiren.com. I write SEO strategies, case studies and eBook in this 4 month old site, whereas CoolPCTips has been our major source of income, fame and online authority. We write detailed reviews about technology, gadgets and gaming in this website.
8. What is the significance of guest blogging and do you have any great tips for bloggers who are looking to use it to boost traffic?
Guest blogging is a wonderful opportunity to approach other popular blogs in your niche. Try to attract their readers, subscribers to join your network, and make sure your concentration is not just building backlinks for a website. Even if you get a chance of writing in a popular blog without any backlink, blindly accept it to gain trust, likability and popularity among their readers. This works like a charm when you blog in high authority blogs like SEOMoz and Search engine land.
Make your online authority so popular that people would love to listen anything from you. This way you can boost a lot of traffic from Facebook and Twitter.
9. At this stage do you have any new plans or directions with which you want to experiment?
I’m currently focusing on writing more books on SEO, so that I can get a good list of subscribers who trust me. Doing this will never bother you with Google penalties or low traffic.
I have already written two books on SEOSiren, which bought me decent subscribers within 3 months. This will surely help me in setting up an Internet marketing business ASAP.
10. What motivated you to choose the money-making/writing/blogging topic for your site?
I don’t write on “making money online” niche, as people should find their own ways of making money online. Never try to follow other professional bloggers money-making system, as they might never work for you. I love writing about SEO, blogging and marketing in all my sites, which help me to work more to reach my goal of making decent money and reputation.
11. The internet is a fast-changing place, what big changes would you advice new bloggers to watch out for?
People in blogging, SEO should learn the recent trends as quickly as possible. Remember to obey Google’s terms of conditions to make your mark in Internet business. If any of your service, system is against Google, you are just inviting trouble to professional and personal life.
I hope you all will be successful in online business, and make some money, fame and respect.