Having a clean and fast loading blog is must have one thing to enjoy perfect blogging. Loading time is such a big impact in blogging that this can not only make your readers happy but Google also love fast loading blogs. A blog which give great experience to end-user is the winner in every aspects.
There are too many things to care about when you run a WordPress blog.
Few days back I shared about a plugin to check broken links. The plugin I mentioned in that post is must have plugin for every blog because broken links create too many issue in your blog.
Do you know that everytime when you edit any post 5-6 times before publishing, WordPress makes a revision table for our posts. In simple words when you edit any posts then WordPress keep saving that post in its database.
Let’s take an example
If you have any post which is of 700 words and total size of 10kb. You edited that post 10 times before publishing. Everytime when you will save this post in draft, WordPress will save its copy in its database.
So 10kb x 10 = 100kb.
Now you have around 100kb data in your database which is of no use.
Here I am going to share a great plugin called WP-Optimize which will help you to solve your issue.
Here are the steps to use this plugin.
1. Install and activate the plugin.
2. Now you will see an option called WP-Optimize at left side of your dashboard panel.
3. Open it and see how many revision you have. Below is the screenshot of my blog.
Note: Take proper care while selecting the options because it can delete all your Unapproved comments.
5. Check options Remove all Post revisions and Optimize database tables.
6. Click Process.
Once the processing will be done, go to the end of the page.
You will see like this.
This shows how many data I have saved after optimizing my database.
Benefits of this plugin
- WP-Optimize reports which database tables have overhead and wasted spaces also it allows you to shrink and get rid of those wasted spaces
- This can remove all SPAM comments in just single click.
- You can easily delete posts revisions.
- Remove all draft posts with single click (do only if there is not any important post in draft).
- Apply mysql optimize commands on your database tables without phpMyAdmin.
Install this great plugin on your blog and make it load faster as you are having less load on your database now. Make your blog clean by deleting all revisions and optimizing the database.