Spam is the most hated word in the Internet world. Because a simple spam can destroy all you blog data in a minute or less. I have seen a lots of Spammers who continuously keep spamming with comments and at my blog even I am getting 10-15 spam comments daily. This is very irritating when you are waking up and seeing your blog is filled with too much spam comments.
But here I am going to talk about the user registration and how to Restrict Spam user registrations. These days I am running a contest on my blog and spammers got the chance to spam my blog, because I have opened the registration to everyone. I have seen some newbie blogs which are even allowing these spammers posts, the reason that they are getting the post FREE of cost. I am still to much amazed they what the hell the spammers think about the owner of the blog as I am getting some crockery, menswear, building construction, marketing companies related post. while it can be clearly seen that my blog is not from that niche.
After getting these too much spammers registration on my Blog today I got the time to think over it and tried to search for the solution for this Problem. because till now 50+ spammers have been registered on my blog. While Searching on the internet I came across a very good plugin which can really help me to reduce the number of spammers. This is a WordPress Plugin which is FREE of Cost.
Plugin Name to Restrict spam user Registrations: Sabre
Sabre is an acronym for Simple Anti Bot Registration Engine. It’s a set of counter measures against spam registration on your blog.
This Plugin have the following Awesome features.
- A simple text test, which I feel is less intrusive, unlike complex math and Captchas.
- Stealth tests to check if the registration is done by a human or not :-).
- Keeps a list of blocked/spam ips and blocks registration from those ips.
- Option to make it compulsory to verify registration either by user or by the admin.
- Limit the number of days to confirm. If a user account is not confirmed by X number of days, the account is deleted.
- Prohibit login before confirmation so he will have to wait for approval.
- You can add license or disclaimer or any other guidelines before registration.
- Ability to enable “invitation only” registration which is very good.
- User is allowed to choose a password by himself/herself upon registration.
Here are some of the Settings which you can do
This is the best proved system to avoid Spam Users Registration. Because these days there are too much Automatic Robots are available in the market which itself register on a blog and start posting on it. This option will ask to verify if it is human or Robot.
Here you can allow your Registrant to choose his/her own Password. You can select the sender’s Name and Sender’s Email also. I love this option because you can set anything here and user will get the email in his/her inbox in that format only.
So Try this Plugin to Restrict spam user Registrations and Share your experience or feeling about this plugin here. I would love to hear your suggestion here.
Photo : FreeDigitalPhotos