Email list is one of the effective ways to grow your online presence and income. Most online gurus say “money is in the list” and it’s 100% true.
If you are not building an email list yet, you are losing hundreds if not thousands of dollars every single month on the table.
The most common problem I hear when it comes to building an email list is “how to get more email subscribers?”
Let me discuss few strategies to get more email leads to your list without sweating much.
Let’s dive into the details.
Offer a freebie
The number one reason why your email list is still not growing is because you are not offering any freebie to your visitors.
Most online readers are lazy. They want a crazy offer to give their emails in order to get it.
By offering something for free (be it a free guide, theme, plugin etc) you can boost your email subscribers rate.
Drive more targeted traffic
One of the basic reasons your email list never grow is you don’t have sufficient traffic. And driving more traffic to your websites is not a rocket science. Here are few simple ways to get targeted traffic to increase your email subscribers.
- Frequently guest post on good blogs: You don’t always have to land on top blogs, but make sure to guest post on the blogs that are better than you. And do it often.
- Comment on the blogs you read: Most people don’t comment or share even after reading a great blog post. Try to avoid it and start commenting like a pro on the blog posts whenever you read something awesome like this.
- Improve your on-page SEO: Most new bloggers don’t optimize their blogs for the search engines. This includes having targeted keywords on their meta description, title and tags. If you are using WordPress, consider using SEO plugins like Yoast WordPress SEO or All in one SEO to boost your website reach.
Use a popup (light box)
Like it or not, popup’s work. They do a fantastic job in increasing your conversion rates on your email list.
Using cute popup software like Pippity, Popup domination, etc won’t hurt your blog readership, instead they boost your email subscribers. According to a recent survey, the sites that use popup’s dramatically improved their list to 400%. It says it all!
Install Welcome Gate
Welcome Gate is one of the best and free list building plugins available in the market.
What it does is it creates a beautiful squeeze page on your WordPress site and attracts more people to subscribe to your email list.
This plugin redirects the first time visitors to a great looking landing page (without showing a popup). People are only redirected to the squeeze page when they go to your home page.
Ask yourself this question – why should a visitor subscribe to your newsletter NOW and not after a week (or month)?
“Scarcity often creates urgency.”
People always want what they can’t have or don’t have. The best way to boost your email subscribers is to create products that are worth paying for and giveaway them for free to collect their email addresses. People would be happy to subscribe to your email lists if your offer is valuable.
Show Proof and Build Trust
No one likes to give their email address if you don’t provide any proof (be it testimonials from others, reviews of your freebies or anything that makes your offer unique).
The best way to capture your first time visitors’ attention is through building credibility.
You can build instant trust by doing these things:
- Make your blog design appealing (it instantly creates a professional feel)
- Show testimonials from real people (ask people to review your product who already have downloaded your stuff; if they like your freebie, they’ll happily do it)
- Get more blog comments on your blog posts (after all, no one likes to feel they’ve landed on a ghost town)
- Show the number of downloads (if you got more than 1000 downloads), it can dramatically attract more people to get their hands on your freebies.
In a nutshell:
People don’t subscribe just because you’re asking them to subscribe.
You need to give them strong reasons to subscribe, like giving a freebie that is worth paying for and/or providing great value through your blog posts. And always engage once you started building your email list. Remember – Interaction is the key to monetize your email list.
Do you have any more tips to boost email subscribers? Please share them below.