I used to hate books when I was doing my graduation.
I used to stay away from them (we all do) and tried my best to learn things directly from friends rather than reading those lengthy books.
But a friend (he used to download free books from various sites) came to me and asked, “Do you have any good book to read?”
For me this questions was like – asking a fish, “do you have a parachute?”
He was surprised when I said, “No, I don’t read books.”
I could see his shocking face… for him this was unbelievable.. because as per my appearance I look like a studious guy.
He shown me the potential and the amount of learning which he was getting from the books, he shared few inspirational stories with me and at the end suggested some books to read.
The very first book he suggested me to read was – The monk who sold his Ferrari.
This one books forced me to reflect on my life and I started reading more books one after another.
Till now I have read –
- The Greatness Guide 2 1st Edition
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
- Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
- The Greatest Salesman In The World
- Life Is What You Make It
- I Have A Dream
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
- Rahasya – The Secret
- How I Braved Anu Aunty and Co-Founded A Million Dollar Company
- The 24-Hour Turn-Around
- The Magic Of Believing 1st Edition
- MegaLiving From The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: 30 Days To A Perfect Life 1st Edition
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
- Heal Yourself
- Chicken Soup For The Soul
- Corporate Chanakya
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Questions Are The Answers
- The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People
- Autobiography of A Yogi
- Biography of Steve Jobs
and many more are in the hit-list.
How they helped me to shape my life?
If you are not reading the books then this article is going to help you take quick decision today.
1. Reading books increase your imagination
Reading books will help you to imagine the situation where the story is running.
If you are reading a mystery novel then the curiosity to know the truth will increase. Once you will move ahead in the story, curiosity will keep on increasing.
You will start imagining yourself in the situation.
2. Books work as pushing torque
I feel comfortable when I am reading any book.
I realized this just 2 months back.
I was in the habit of reading inspirational books so my dreams were pushing me forward to do something which can help me to make my identity.
But once I stopped reading, I started feeling demotivated.
Inspiration is like a bath – we have to take it daily to get refreshed.
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
So I am taking this bath daily now.
3. I can carry them anywhere
Means I can inspire myself anytime.
You might be having a habit to read blogs, but this is completely different from reading a book.
While browsing a blog we have a lot of distraction – we keep checking Facebook, Twitter, Email and love to do various other tasks while reading a blog post.
But we cannot do them while reading a book.
Books are our friends in true sense.
So what are you waiting for?
Pick a book and start reading today.