If you are a regular visitor of Blogging Cage then you must have seen that my blog was down from last 2 days. And seriously these two days were the worst days in my blogging journey. I spent two sleepless nights and spent almost 17 hours a day on blog to revert back in correct position.
Blog is our child and we cannot see it in any bad condition and same thing happened with me also, as I was too much worried that whether it is going to revert back on not.
Here is complete story why this mess happened.
On Wednesday I login in my cPanel and saw that I was getting some warnings and errors in my dashboard. As all normal bloggers I also got worried about what is happening and what is wrong with my account. Then after analyzing I saw that the number of files I was using at HostGator hosting were more then they recommended. They allow us 100,000(Files) and I was using more then that because my other 21 blogs are hosted at same account.
So I decided to move Blogging Cage from that account to another HostGator account because this is the biggest blog among all my blogs. With this decision I created a ticket in HostGator to do transfer for me and they started the work on Thursday.
After they did the complete transfer they replied me back with the successful transfer but when I changed my namesevers everything was in mess at new hosting. So without even a small delay I contacted them on chat and asked them to solve my issue.
You all will be surprise to hear that I talked with 5 different representative during the day and none of them was able to resolve the issue.
This was the worst feeling that if world's best hosting support is not able to solve my issue then who will solve. So this increased my worries also.
So I started spending time with my blog and finding out the problem by reverting the process. I tried almost all combination with plugins and themes but problem was still there.
So what was the reason actually?
After I did experiments with all plugin I found that the culprit was W3 Total Cache and CDN part in that plugin mainly. When I was enabling cdn then everything was going in mess and when I was disabling then images were not showing.
So I concentrated on correcting CDN first and then other issues.
How Problem was resolved?
The big mistake I did (which HostGator people were unable to find) was I didn't configured CDN at new hosting and the IP address of the new hosting was not whitelisted in the MaxCDN dashborad so they were unable to install CDN at my blog.
I analyzed the IPs and then configured them on MaxCDN dashboard and added CNAME at my hosting as well with the proper address.
After configuring CDN and setting CNAME at hosting I started analyzing http://www.whatsmydns.net/#CNAME/cdn1.bloggingcage.com so that I can know when my setting will propagate across all the servers. Once this was propagated successfully then I saw that the problem was resolved.
And another small mistake I was doing that at MaxCDN side I was using wrong ORIGIN IP.
SO with my efforts my blog was finally back after 2 days of mess and I am very happy with my work. Thanks for spending time on reading my real life event, so I would like to hear from you also that what do you feel.