Finally we completed two awesome years today.
It still feels that I started this blog yesterday.
These two years gave me awesome experience in this blogging battle-field and awesome friends all across the world.
I started blogging to make money online and my biggest motto was to generate online income. I kept on struggling for few starting months and made my fist dollar after 7 months. This was the biggest motivation for me because I knew the fact that making money on internet was possible.
I started reading more blogs and found that blogging not something which will generate money automatically. If you really want to make money online and influence people then you will have to find real problems which people are facing and solve them by giving your tips.
From KulwantNagi.com to BloggingCage.com
On September 2011 I started my first blog with my name (I know we all start our first blog on our name itself ;)) and started writing stuff about multi-level marketing as the main motto behind this blog was to get more people who are looking opportunities to make money online.
I was doing one business which I started on 9th September 2010 and we were selling one video technology. I was associated with a company called My Video Talk where I was getting 2500 INR ($50) as commission on per signup.
This business gave me great insight about potential of internet and I started my first blog to dig more into it.
I started getting more interest in blogging and finally on 15th January, 2012 I booked BloggingCage.com.
…everything changed that day.. 🙂
Here we are today..
Statistics of 2 years
- Total posts – 434
- Total Comments – 8876
- Total Authors – 192
Which online methods I tried in these 2 years?
1. Site Flipping: I found that people were making good money by flipping their websites so this seems easy business to me also. I started spending some time om reading about flipping method and started my first blog with the intention to flip only.
The blog named TheDroidClub (Not live now) started getting good traffic and we made around $1000 with this blog in 5 months. This money was enough for me because I was at mid-newbie level and was still in learning phase (I am still exploring many things).
So we decided to flip this blog and listed it on Flippa.
At last I was able to sell that blog in $855. Check listing here.
This was my first blog flipping and was more than enough to motivate me.
Later we sold 4-5 other small blogs and made some good money.
2. Building AdSense sites: I tried building one AdSense site. I did little research about keyword and started building one blog around that blog.
That niche site failed badly but it gave me great lessons.
3. Trying CPA: CPA is something which is becoming one of the most loved way to make money online and it is genuine too.
Because in SEO we are totally dependent on search engines and any big algorithm can ruin all our efforts, but this is not in the case of CPA. Here you have full control on your campaigns and you can expand them at any level.
I took training from Vipul Taneja and learnt the methods to make money with CPA by joining his course Facebook CPA Ninja.
What made Blogging Cage so special?
From the day one of my blogging I want to make my blog one of the special blogs in India. So Last year I decided to start interview series on my blog and interviewed some of the top gems from the world. This helped me to interact with world-class bloggers and it gave me a chance to know more about them.
My awesome readers helped me to make this interview series so successful and powerful day by day and kept on motivating me to interview great bloggers.
Lessons I learnt in last 2 years
- Blogging is really an awesome way to make money online as well as to make your online presence on world’s platform.
- Starting a blog and taking it to a big level are two very different things. Many people start their blog with too much enthusiasm and after sometime they start feeling bored, so if you are starting it and be courageous to take it to next level.
- Blogging is not just writing. It is a mixture of writing, marketing, SEO, social media and too many other things.
- If you want to make a great blog then start reading great blogs first. Established blogs will give you great tips to make your blog successful very easily.
- Don’t follow the crowd. Don’t do like everyone is doing.
- SEO is a temporary game so don’t be 100% dependent on SEO.
- Having atleast 2 blogs is always a great idea. If one is not making money then you can try other.
- Relations are very much important in blogging. Start making it today.
- Building E-Mail subscribers list is one of the best things which you must do in blogging.
- Keep exploring more things and don’t be dependent if one method is working great for you.
- If you are building any niche blog then keyword research is very very important.
- Don’t be afraid of spending money. This is your business so be courageous.
I read following books in 2 years
- The Greatness Guide 2 1st Edition
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
- Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
- The Greatest Salesman In The World
- Life Is What You Make It
- I Have A Dream
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
- Rahasya – The Secret
- How I Braved Anu Aunty and Co-Founded A Million Dollar Company
- The 24-Hour Turn-Around
- The Magic Of Believing 1st Edition
- MegaLiving From The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: 30 Days To A Perfect Life 1st Edition
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
- Heal Yourself
- Chicken Soup For The Soul
- Corporate Chanakya
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Questions Are The Answers
- The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People
- Autobiography of A Yogi
- Biography of Steve Jobs
What are my future plans?
These two years went completely awesome for me and I turned a person having business mindset.
Now I am going to start audio interview series on my blog where I will be interview top blogger in the world. I will be very active on my YouTube channel where I will teach some of the best tips and tutorials by showing you videos.
I have already ordered Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone which I will be using to record my podcast and video tutorials.
I will keep writing blogging tips as per my experience and I am going to experiment few new things on my blog which you will be able to access very soon.
Thanks a lot for becoming my loving readers. 🙂
Graphics designed by: Bishal Biswas