All in One SEO Pack is top-most plugin in WordPress Repository which have been downloaded 13,381,152 times.
No doubt this is a huge number and very satisfactory number for the developer too. As his plugin is serving millions websites. This plugin have become industry specific and everyone who enter in blogosphere with WordPress know about this plugin.
Newbies always have big question-mark between these two plugins.
Read this article carefully so that you can decide which plugin you are going to use on your blog.
First of all I would like to explain the features of All-in-one SEO.
Very first thing I would say about this plugin is this is very easy to manage plugin. All newbie can easily set this on their blog.
Here are the features
- Canonical URLs
- Rewrite Titles
- Google Analytics support
- Custom Pages and Posts
- Easy noindex for categories, archive
- Autogenerate Description
This is best plugin for beginners. Once you installed this plugin you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box.
#WordPress SEO by Yoast
Here are exciting features of this plugin.
- Title and Meta - You can easily customize heading and meta (title, keyword, description) using this plugin.
- Inbuilt Sitemap - You need not to install any extra plugin to submit sitemap of your blog. So this plugin will decrease the load of one plugin from your blog.
- Social Media Integration - You can use Facebook and Twitter Card with this plugin. You can read in details here.
- Permalink Setting - Strip the category base (usually
/category/) from the category URL.
- Breadcrumbs Settings - You can customize your breadcrumbs and add in seperate symobol betwenn them.
- RSS Feed - Easy RSS customization feature. When people will receive your RSS news in their inbox, you can add more message in that.
- Easy Import Export – You can easily export the data from WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Easy Robots.txt Editing – Easy Robots.txt editing from your dashboard.
This FREE plugin is having all those features which a premium plugin should have.
Now let’s come to post editing SEO features.
Here is the screenshot of my testing article (Main keyword in this article is WordPress SEO)
GREEN color shows that this article is perfect for SEO.
Other then this you can see the complete page analysis too.
If you want to do noindex, nofollow, noarchive etc. then you can do it simple by editing in advance setting of WordPress SEO by Yoast.
What to do if you want to move to WordPress SEO by Yoast from All-in-one SEO?
If you are thinking to start using WordPress SEO by Yoast on your blog then you might be having question that how can I do this?
A very simple answer of this question is download SEO Data Transporter Plugin and follow the steps.
Step 1: Download and Activate WordPress SEO by Yoast.
Step 2: Download the SEO Data Transporter and activate it.
Step 3: Go to Tools > SEO Data Transport
Step 4: In first column choose All-in-one SEO Pack and in second column choose WordPress SEO.
Step 5: Click on Analyze (This will check all your Meta heading, description and keywords in articles).
See the screenshot after I clicked on Analyze
Step 6: Click on Convert (See the screeshot).
Step 7 : Deactivate the All-in-one SEO Pack and SEO Data Transporter.
Step 8 : You are done.
Now open any published post and see if all the data have been imported or not.
Congrats for moving your blog to advance SEO plugin. If you have any issue while doing this then you can ask me in comments.
Share this article with your fellow blogger so that they can also start using WordPress SEO by Yoast on their blog.
In next article I am going to share correct setting for WordPress SEO by Yoast, So stay tuned.